Although clearly uncomfortable, Barry acknowledged it gave him the "opportunity to connect with Isaac" in a completely different way, too. Welcome to Plathvillestar Barry Plath isnt actually a stranger to divorce. ", In Tuesday's episode of Welcome to Plathville, Kim told Barry that she was "not happy" in their marriage, adding to her husband, "I just feel like I've been hurt too much." I see where Kim feels like she has to drink socially to just be with Micah. Email In Touch at contact@intouchweekly.com. In 2022, Kim also opened her own adult dance studio called Grady Central Dance Studio in Cairo, GA. If you would not like to read any spoilers, you may wish to skip this article. Mom and Ethan had a business agreement in which Ethan earned a good bit of money. She treats Ethan terrible and hes undeserving of the way she acts. Kim and Barry dont have the best reputation, Welcome To Plathville: Reasons Why Kim Plath May Be Misunderstood, Welcome To Plathville: Why Isaac Plath Is Defending His Parents, "Slay! At first, her husband seemed to scoff at the idea that she would leave their marriage. "We have been through many highs and lows in our 24 years of marriage and as we navigate this new chapter in our lives, we will co-parent our amazing children.". So its just kind of frustrating, Ethan said. One of the Plath children, Joshua, was killed in a tragic accident that rocked Barry's world. The first season of Welcome to Plathville can be streamed online on the TLC website. Also, it was their untouchable faith in God, and their will to keep their kids away from the horrors of the outside world for as long as possible, that made their bond stronger. Now that the older children are growing up and have their own lives, this may lead to some changes in the Plath family home. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. and our As parents, he and Kim make plenty of mistakes, by Barry's own estimation, but although the Plath patriarch hopes his children can experience great things in their lives,"there is a bit of concern about, 'What path are they going [to] want to [go] down?'" The father of 9 has a day job as a transportation planner. Joshua's death was later officially ruled an accident by the local Sheriff's office, according to the Thomasville Times Enterprise. The element of faith even impacted Kim and Barry's decision to get married. I think those 2 would make a good mother n law /daughter n law fun team learning new things !! Olivia first discussed the problems between her and Kim in 2019. It seems that during the power outage before the wedding, Kim tried to take over and this upset Olivia greatly. I pray she can regain relationships with all her kids and even with Ethan wife !! Photo: @celebnewsnetwrk Source: Twitter. Kim Plath and Barry Plath raised their 10 children in rural South Georgia under strict rules and religious guidelines. They were married for over 2 decades and built a happy home based on shared beliefs while continuing their individual day jobs. Thats right Barry Plath was married to a woman before Kim. Kim Plath flaunted a net worth of over $3 million in 2022. TLC He has imposed a number of strict rules on his family. they wrote, before signing off: "With love from: The Plath Family.". Now, the couple has officially split, according to a statement they shared withPeople Magazine. Update, showing off her long false lashes , Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). Marry they did! Since Welcome to Plathville season 3 ended, Kim and Barry Plath have undoubtedly been through their share of difficult times on the show. As CheatSheet noted, Barry shared it was tough to see Micah and Moriah leave the family homestead and "go out and explore beyond what [they] provided for a home environment.". Katie also notes that theWelcome to Plathville patriarch wasnt raised a fundamentalist. The thing that's most obvious about Barry Plath is his deep commitment to his faith it seems to be the basis of all the decisions he makes. The family, who lives on a remote 55-acre farm, has a house-wide ban on alcohol and processed sugar, including things like soda and ice cream. It offered dance classes in ballet, belly dance, krav maga, ballroom, contra dance, line dance, pop line dance, waltz, and wedding dance. She was married to Barry Plath, and together they share nine kids, all of whom were closest to her heart. Hannah Duggar Soaks Up Sun In Sleek Black Swimsuit, Joy-Anna Forsyth Crosses The Line Exploiting Son Gideon. Wed want to go out for ice cream and that would create conflict because it would be like, Well, you shouldnt be eating sugar. And wed be like, Well, were adults. The "Plathville" parents may be tough cookies, and it's led to their family partially crumbling, but at least they have music. For instance, during a particularly tense episode of "Welcome to Plathville"(via YouTube),teenagers Micah and Moriah confronted their folks for neglecting to prepare them for the real world. All Rights Reserved. It's been over a decade since Joshua's passing, but the wound feels just as fresh. In keeping with other super-religious reality TV families like the Duggars , they Kim knew all this when she married him and you dont get married have all these children and then all of a sudden decide its not the life you want. Children is the hardest job in my opinion & there are so many in this family. As CheatSheet reported, during an episode of "Welcome to Plathville,"Barry opened up about his long-term relationship with Kim, describing it as a "two-way street." Yes! Please remember that we are human and do make mistakes. I think she wanted to be relevant, and she worried the show would just follow the kids since they moved away I guess well see if they have a reconciliation. As of now, Kim hasnt admitted to an affair, and Barry hasnt accused her of one, either. Being wanted by someone doesnt mean they love you. Her decision to walk away and start life anew has taken a toll on the entire Plath family but nobody more than Kim herself. Barry interrupted, Ethan, I love you. Although this isn't entirely unusual with independent baptists (including the Dugggars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting fame) Barry's family has a number of strict rules in their home. Barry and his wife Kim purchased another house back in 2017 in a more suburban area of Cairo, Georgia for $55,000, according to Soap Dirt. Like in the things that she taught us to do that she doesnt do., Ethan asked his mother if she regrets raising their family with strict rules and if there was anything that she would do differently. TLC's "Welcome to Plathville"takes a closer look at Plath family life, from the struggle to resist the sweet lure of soda to eldest son Ethan's decision to marry Olivia, a young woman with plenty of opinions about the Plaths' way of life that don't always go down well with his parents. TLC's "Welcome to Plathville" follows the conservative Plath family and their big brood of blonde children. ", Referring to an example of a storyline from the last episode of their show, the family said, "What Olivia said about our mom using Ethan's credit card was not the full story. The marriage was Kims first and Barrys second. Kim claimed that God informed her that Barry was the man she was meant to marry. Welcome to Plathville's Kim and Barry Plath Announce End of She revealed that Barry was previously married to a woman named Laurie Mack. Moriah has an impressive net worth of $1 to $5 million, according to multiple reports, and Ethan did not respond to fans questions when asked what bills he was referring to. Also in the trailer, Kim defends her decision to split with Barry to her 18-year-old daughter Lydia, who argues that she should have looked to God instead of ending the relationship. Kinda. Shark Tank Daymond John On How Cancer Changed His Life. Like we were taking time to go out, go on a date, that was a concept that I couldnt put action to, but for Kim, it was an issue, Barry explained why his wife felt this way. Kim reminded her son that it was difficult for her to get him to concentrate on books when hed rather be in the barn building things, but Ethan insisted that he was a kid and she should have offered more guidance and structure for him in terms of schooling. The matriarchs a naturopathic doctor while her husband worked at a private firm as a transportation planner for 25 years. Their marriage, and the life they built together, were presented as simple and idyllic. ", Someone responded to that comment by saying, I agree. The matriarchs a naturopathic doctor while her husband worked at a private firm as a transportation planner for 25 years. It was 2008 when Kim suffered every parents worst nightmare. On Friday, Welcome to Plathville stars Moriah, Micah, Lydia and Isaac shared a lengthy statement via Instagram on behalf of their famous family to address the show's fourth season, which ended on Tuesday, and turmoil that the group has dealt with. Barry Plaths first wife works as a lawyer as his 1997 marriage to Kim ends. During an emotional scene on season 3, he laid out all of his issues with Kim on the table. At the point of the series debut, Barry and Kim Plath had already been married for over two decades, which led viewers to speculate on when they got married. Kim and Barry later revealed that they officially split after 24 years of marriage on June 28. The issues that Ive always had with you and dad have been schooling, dating and the right and the wrong way to go about that, Ethan said. Lawson Bates Wife Tiffany Teases Big News: Baby On The Way? Tragically, their son, Joshua, died in 2008 in an accident when he was 15 months old. One person wrote, "I still dont really believe this is real. Barry and Kim's relationship was understandably tested by the tragic accident but, as Soap Dirt noted, Barry never blamed his wife even in those moments she blamed herself. Are ';Welcome to Plathville' Stars Kim and Barry Still Together? Their children are distancing themselves even further, which has been a difficult reality for them to face. Here's the truth about their marriage and a closer look at their lives. Ive felt that way literally since I was 13, I felt behind in life, like couldnt compete with people that were in my age group as far as academics.. Kim apologized to her son and insisted that she tried her best, but Ethan said he felt like she didnt try hard enough. Since then, the two have welcomed ten children into the world Ethan, Hosanna, Micah, Moriah, Lydia, Isaac, Amber, Cassia, Mercy, and Joshua (who died in a tragic accident at 17-months-old). Kim explained that her plan was to help each of her children to find their passion in life and then set themselves up for success in that field, as Ethan was passionate about fixing cars. Kim and Barry also dedicated screen time on their show to breaking the news to their children. Barry and Kim Plath took their big family and made a family band! And at that point in my life, I really, really needed a mom figure because the mom I had was not nurturing and also, being one of 10 kids, it was really easy to feel overlooked and forgotten and I just really needed to feel important to someone.. We have been through many highs and lows in our 24 years of marriage and as we navigate this new chapter in our lives, we will co-parent our amazing children. Other, similarly strict religious families observe patriarchal rules when it comes to their home lives, but clearly Barry and Kim don't subscribe to such beliefs despite their untouchable faith in God. The two got married in But as it turns out, their farm house is listed on AirBnB for $100 a night, which has led some fans to think that the Plath family doesn't actually live on the farm full-time. There are children who have to live with alcoholism, drugs, beatings, ugly sex in there homes. ", "While this was not an easy decision, we know it's the best choice for both of us," they shared. Now, some drama has arisen, and it has fans asking questions about the relationship between Kim and Barry Plath, the parents of the Plath family. The Plath family has fractured since their show premiered, and as a result, Barry and Kim have found themselves cut off entirely from son Ethan while teenagers Micah and Moriah moved out of the family home and spoke out about what they wished their parents had done differently. Moriah Is Turned Off On Marriage Because The Feud Started At The Wedding. She points out that he hasnt mentioned his first marriage on the show, either. So, she has been sleeping on the couch or staying at her familys rental properties. Micah implored his parents to do a better job with his younger siblings, while they still had a chance. I am also saddened by the older childrens remarks about there home life. Welcome to Plathville airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. EST on TLC. Kim's parenting style may be evolving, but she makes a lot of the decisions in the household, and it doesnt look like that is going to be changing any time soon. Kim & Barry from Welcome to Plathville may be having some problems in their marriage. You are not going walk over to my wife, do you understand? Ethan said as his younger brother, Isaac, ran up to separate them. After most of their kids left the family home, Kim and Barry hinted that they were on their way to divorce as well. You hear all this for so many years as a kid and you believe it, and then you act on it, and then you become an adult and you realize that wasnt the only way and then your parents dont actually follow through or do the same things that they preached to you for so many years., Finally, Ethan asked his mom if she had any remorse for the way she treated him and his wife, especially banning them from seeing the younger kids. Kim and Barry, who announced their split in June 2022 after 24 years of marriage, confirmed that they were living separately during season 4 of the TLC show. This unexpected turn of events will hopefully allow viewers to get to know a different side of Kim and Barry. In my opinion shes torn the family apart and Lydia is a fine Christian young woman thats trying to get her mom to see that shes made choices to get married and have these children and now its not right to throw her husband away like he means nothing to her now. Barrys ex-wife moved back to Minnesota and works as an attorney.. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. He just loved me.". According to Distractify, Barry and Kim are Christian Fundamentalists, a movement within Protestantism, and since the family has been photographed in front of Baptist churches, the outlet hypothesizes that they are Baptist. In an attempt to protect Olivia from confronting his parents, Ethan grabbed at his fathers hand to stop him from walking toward the car, then grabbed him by the arm and pointed his finger in Barrys face. Barry and his wife Kim Plath have been married since 1997 and together they have nine children. Three of the children are adults and the rest are minors, providing Barry and Kim with plenty of entertainment and hard work! Their kids are Ethan (21), Hosannah (20), Micah (18), Moriah (17), Lydia (15), Isaac (13), Amer (10), Cassia (8), and Mercy (6). Copyright 2023 PopCulture.com. "While this was not an easy decision, we know it's the best choice for both of us. The reality stars selfie showing off her long false lashes was captioned, Growing her wings I mean eyelashes. Once Ethan and Barry had mended things, Ethan decided he was ready to face his mother one-on-one. Their feud, however, started long before the show. Im still surprised by this, since fundamentals are so against divorce. Olivia gave Ethan his first sip of soda, and also introduced him to his first alcoholic drinks, which he now shares more often on social media. Welcome to Plathville airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. Yes I agree its both parents fault but if youve watched every episode then Im sure you saw the parent that didnt over step when the kids asked the parents not to come to Moriahs first gig. Kim was determined and didnt listen so Kim did what Kim wanted and thats a problem with her. After the loss of his son, instead of Going their separate ways. The Plath Family website reports Kim and Barry have been married for over 20 years. The Plath parents visited their son's grave to pay their respects, with Barry saying,"We can just celebrate that we had 17 months to just be with him, and he with us. anywayyy! I think what changed is when I started to realize that I was just being used, Olivia explained. Viewers dont know much about Kim and Barry aside from who they are as parents, butthe upcoming Welcome to Plathville season 4 may be changing that altogether. Hosanna Plath's Baby: Details About Kim and Barry's First Grandkid Might as well let them go now so theyll know whats in the world instead of meeting up with wrong people who may lead them the wrong way and also laughed at like poor Ethan had to learn the hard way. They provided food, shelter, clothing & you got along mostly. In fact, Ethan Plath first met Olivia at a conservative family camp after which they stayed in contact by old-fashioned letter writing. Note that this article contains details about the Plath familys lives that have not yet been addressed in Welcome to Plathville Season 4. While they adjusted to married life, Olivia also introduced Ethan to things his parents strict rules would have never allowed like his first basketball game, his first time going to see a movie in a theater, watching TV shows like Friends and drinking his first can of Coca-Cola. And Im looking at him and saying, Why? and hes saying, Well, I dont know the computer password and I dont know the password to my account so I cant stop her. Like those were literal what the fk moments. At the very least, she has had an emotional affair and mentally entertained the idea. And it's led to over 20 years of a life together. I dont know if we ever communicated that to you, maybe we didnt, Kim said, while adding that Ethan and his wife, Olivia, were very much in love when they met and would have eventually ended up married either way. Hes still not doing well and Olivia is the most controlling narcissistic young lady Ive ever seen. ", Olivia's brother, Nathan Meggs, also posted on Instagram with a note that said, "Be careful what you hear about somebody, you might be hearing it from the problem.". While Olivia was uncomfortable being around Kim, she agreed to be cordial during the familys group outing to a nearby river to go rafting for Ethans birthday during the finale, which aired on August 2, 2022. As Us Weekly notes, Hosanna married her husband, Timothy Noble, in 2019, and they formed their own traveling musical performance group, so it's created something lasting for both parents and kids. Its not that black and white.. We as a family have decided to not be divided anymore. Kim has a big mouth full of horse teeth and not to mention the big yellow one she has showing every single time she opens her mouth up Its disgusting, a fan wrote. I thank them for sharing . I know that I did things that hurt you and I want you to know that was never my intention. Reps for TLC and the show's production company have not yet commented. The series, which focuses on the "strange and unusual" Plath family who take "living off the grid" to a new level features Kim and Barry Plath and their children. The statement also discussed the consequences of the misunderstandings about their family, especially among the younger Plaths. With love, from the Plath family.. Nobody is perfect and we continue to learn and grow with every day. We also have younger siblings that are at very vulnerable ages and this is not fair nor healthy for them.". "And both parties were aware of any transactions that were made. "We as a family have decided to not be divided anymore," began their statement, which was not shared by the other two family members on social media, oldest silbing Ethan Plath and his wife Olivia. She has interfered where she should not have. The reality star went into a very deep depression after that! While this was not an easy decision, we know it's the best choice for both of us.". In a follow-up episode(via YouTube), the committed father approached son Isaac Plath to have "the talk"in a reasonable and upfront manner. Hence why he and Kim banned their brood from technology and junk food. Although they don't like to bring up the topic too often, for obvious reasons, in a Season 2 episode of "Welcome to Plathville," the Plath parents shared their loss with the children after repeated questions about Joshua. Barry and Kim Plath spent 24 years married to each other. There is a lot more to the story than what you all have seen on the show. Im not saying that, Im saying the environment that we grew up in literally bred someone that would go straight to the first person that you had a mutual feeling for, and it was never taught to any of us that there was another way, Ethan said. All Rights Reserved, Please note that this form cannot be used to reset your Google, Meet the Plaths! Kim and Barry Plath are officially ending their marriage. The Welcome to Plathville stars confirmed they're parting ways after 24 years of marriage in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE. "After considerable thought and discussion, we have decided to end our marriage," said Kim, 49, and Barry, 54. It was short some would say it's a premature departure, but we're happy to have had 17 months getting to know him a special little guy. Their marriage has been tested as their family continues to be divided. The show may provide a fascinating insight into Plathville, as it were, but Barry himself remains something of a question mark. In that time, they have had nine children and have raised them to follow strict And it turns out that the family did, in fact, move, as they shared in the Season 2 premiere of "Welcome to Plathville." Barry Plath recently came onto our TV screens on TLC's newest show .css-dv4kb7{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:brandColorSecondary;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:inherit;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-dv4kb7:hover{color:#683d85;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}Welcome to Plathville the strangely captivating show about a Christian fundamentalist family of 11 in rural southern Georgia. Ethan and Barry were able to put their differences aside so that Ethan could support his family during their difficult transition. The scene ended with Ethan saying goodbye to his siblings without Olivia, leaving his mother and sisters in tears. Like, I never set out to hurt either one of you but I know that there were things that did hurt you and for that, I am sorry.. When she's not binging the latest true crime docu-series, she's obsessing over all things Harry Styles, RHONY, and John Mulaney. It just kind of changed overnight. Ethan told his family that they would not get to say goodbye to Olivia, but Barry insisted that the whole family walk toward the end of their driveway to greet Ethans wife in the car. But besides being a reality star, Kim also has a few other sources of income. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only.

Buds Chicken Sandwich Calories, Vietnamese Funeral Gifts, Homes For Sale By Owner In Tompkinsville, Ky, Blessing Of The Palms, Evan Rosenblum Illness, Articles B