and last updated 5:20 PM, Apr 21, 2022. Now a high school baseball coach. Witnesses reported two black males fled in a black Pontiac G6 with a spoiler. Pricing & Availability. A motorcyclist died on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge on March 2 after he rear-ended a car that had slowed for traffic, was ejected from the motorcycle and was run over by a semitrailer. ST. PETERSBURG Police shut down a street racing event April 22 that they said was a warm-up for a group that planned to take over major intersections throughout Pinellas County. CHP investigates two shootings on Bay Area, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Total dominance: Steph Curry breaks NBA Game 7 record, leads Warriors over Kings, CHP investigates two shootings on Bay Area highways in four days, Fremont: Hit-and-run collision suspect taken into custody, Person robbed at bus stop near UC Berkeley campus, Woman killed, man injured in Oakland shootings, Santa Rita Jail inmate dies after being found sick in his cell, East Bay carjacking suspect adds to long list of trouble with second arrest in two days. The management expressed utter indifference and took no responsibility and didn't even want to share details on the shooting that happened over the weekend and said this vandalism is the first incident. Video below: A look at Friday's headlines and weather. WebGraphic billboards going up across NYC to urge drivers to slow down. Get Morning Report and other email newsletters. In addition, the Harbor Police Department will conduct an administrative investigation into the shooting and the FBI and U.S. Attorneys Office will be monitoring the reviews. Harbor Police officers on Sunday shot a 29-year-old man who drove to their headquarters, used a callbox to request assistance and then pulled out a handgun when Deputies responded to a shooting at John Stretch Memorial Park at about 6:15 a.m. LARGO Pinellas County Sheriffs Office deputies were seeking the publics help in locating a suspect they briefly detained before he fled wearing a handcuff on one wrist. BAY POINT The Contra Costa County Sheriffs Office is asking for the publics help in solving a weekend fatal shooting of a teenager under investigation by A shooting on an East Bay highway in Bay Point on Sunday night injured a person and marked the second such incident on a highway or freeway in four days, the California Highway Patrol said. Dan Hoffman. The Orange County Sheriffs Department took the lead in the shooting investigation, she said. Police say three or more people in luxury cars got into an argument that escalated when one of them brandished a firearm and shot two people. Sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee identified the woman who died as Patricia Ochoa. At Harbor Point on the Bay, discover luxury living, a perfect location, and with utilities and amenities included your best life has never been more affordable. DUNEDIN An 18-year-old man faces a charge of vehicular homicide and could face additional charges after he allegedly ran a red light and crashed into a car driven by a 75-year-old woman April 5 at the intersection of Belcher and Curlew roads in Dunedin. Motorcyclist in Redwood City dies after car crash, Tornado flips cars, damages homes in coastal Florida city, Texas mass shooting suspect could be anywhere, sheriff says, Major crash closes stretch of Blacow Road in Fremont, They said it: Nowhere for the water to go. RELATED: Man shot by officer outside San Diego Harbor Police headquarters. His first newspaper job was as a Washington Post paperboy. Harbor Point Gallery. Ask Amy: I put a security camera in my room, and what I saw was creepy, 'Total dominance': Steph Curry breaks NBA Game 7 record, leads Warriors over Kings, Ask Amy: My fiancee's family says I'm not invited, and she's going without me, Dear Abby: The reason her fiance hid his phone was something she never guessed, Harriette Cole: My friend's mom didn't recognize me at my job, and she was very rude, Kurtenbach: Game 7 is likely not win-or-go-home for the Warriors it's win-or-break-up, Warriors' Kerr reacts to Giannis' comments on success and failure: 'He's so right', Miss Manners: I don't want to hurt the bride, but I have qualms about the wedding, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. I'm worried." His first newspaper job was as a Washington Post paperboy. Just click on the button below and submit a form. It's scary. "It wasn't like this where you had to worry about getting in your car and going to the store. Did they get the office building and the hotel as well? The motive and suspect information are unknown at this time.Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS. Richard Freedman. Two people are dead and another person is in the hospital after a shooting at a park near South Bay Thursday morning.Deputies responded to a shooting at John Stretch Memorial Park at about 6:15 a.m. A 19-year-old skateboarder was killed Feb. 20 when he was struck by a crane truck on Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard at Old Coachman Road. CLEARWATER A crash on U.S. Highway 19 involving a wrong-way vehicle on April 11 left two drivers hospitalized. The investigation is continuing Sunday into the fatal shooting of a man with a gun by police in Huntington Beach, just as the U.S. Open of Surfing was wrapping for the day. He is a graduate of Bowie State University in Maryland with a BS degree in communications. This story previously misspelled the name of Capt. The U.S. Open of Surfing wraps up Sunday. A Pinellas Park man has been arrested on one count of abuse of a disabled person after police responded to a battery investigation in the 6400 block of Elmhurst Drive. The Honda Civic could be seen stopped in front of the police headquarters as police personnel processed the scene into the evening. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! 2 PLAY & SIP: Tip a few in Lorin A motorcyclist died April 11 when he lost control in a curve and crashed into a guardrail. Officers responded to the scene at around 2:30 p.m. near the Town Hall complex, according to the Bay Harbor Islands Police Department. The State Attorneys Office has ruled that a Pinellas County Sheriffs sergeant was justified in shooting and killing a man who fired at him after shooting and wounding another officer on March 12 in an unincorporated area of Pinellas Park. Help keep Universal Hub going. An Illinois resident has been arrested on charges related to allegations that he aimed a laser at a Pinellas County Sheriffs Office helicopter. A second person hurt in the shooting was taken to a hospital for treatment but was expected to survive. Dear Abby: Am I overreacting to my European daughter-in-law's behavior? A Largo man died March 14 after he was struck by a pickup truck along Judy Lee Drive. "We're always concerned about gangs and retaliatory situations that may come up as a result of those," Hoffman said. Richard Freedman. Two people are dead and another person is in the hospital after a shooting at a park near South Bay Thursday morning. The man who was killed is Luke Mendez, 26, of Laurence Harbor. He did say he was concerned about retaliation. Pinellas County Sheriffs Office deputies, in conjunction with several partner agencies, brought 46 criminal charges and wrote 124 citations during a DUI Wolf Pack operation overnight on March 25-26. BAY POINT (CBS SF) -- After five hours of negotiations, 24-year-old D'Angelo Webb was arrested Saturday afternoon for allegedly killing his ex-girlfriend and the At other developments, like the Blue Ledge apartments, the security person actually calls the family before letting you in (unless you've given them a letter that, say, you have a toddler with autism who gets visits from several therapists and aides each day, and please just let them all in without bothering the poor parents.). CLEARWATER A Pinellas County Sheriffs Office deputy was charged with driving under the influence after Clearwater police made a traffic stop on March 15. Give Light and the People Will Find Their Own Way, WATCH LIVE: BREAKING NEWS AND CONTINUING COVERAGE, Man shot by officer outside San Diego Harbor Police headquarters. Narrow Great Bay Boulevard, also known as Seven Bridges Road, meanders through the marshes of Little Egg Harbor Township. Anyone with information was asked to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS. PALM HARBOR A bicyclist was killed in a crash just before 11 a.m. Thursday on Alt. From the Spring Dance Fest in San Jose to a collection of some cool vintage cars and planes, there are a lot of great shows and festivals in the Bay Area this One group ran towards the JFK/UMass Red Line stop; the other group sped away towards UMass in an older silver car. PALM HARBOR The Pinellas County Medical Examiner's Office has identified human remains found in a vehicle that was under water in a local retention pond. BELLEAIR BLUFFS A minor-league baseball player affiliated with the Philadelphia Phillies has been charged with DUI with property damage after a March 11 crash in Belleair Bluffs. The suspect was non-compliant to the multiple commands given and an officer-involved shooting occurred. This is a developing story and will be updated as information becomes available. LARGO Largo Police detectives continue to investigate a nearly 20-year-old missing-person case involving James Woodard. In the video, officer James Macmaster walks outside to assist Medina, and soon after Medina pulls out a gun and points it at officer Macmaster. Six deputies came up and forcibly removed me from my wheelchair, lifting me out of it, and put me in a vehicle to send me to George Bailey, one man says. All rights reserved, Butler, Heat Start 2nd Round With 108-101 Win Over Knicks, Tornado Touched Down in Palm Beach Gardens Leaving Destruction in Its Wake. The shooting occurred just south of the citys iconic pier, and it was unclear whether the man was involved with the surfing event. HarborPoint is a gated community and they have their own security forcehow does this happen? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2022 Entravision All rights reserved. On June 25, around 11:15 p.m. police arrived at 15 Westwind Rd. George Kelly is a breaking news reporter for the Bay Area News Group's East Bay Times and Mercury News. huntington. I live at harbor point and I have seen a lot of black males come off in cars at the Bay side expo recently. I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I've been out in the point for a few years and I can't believe these comments about gated communities and needing more cops out here, do you all realize that 10 15 years back that this was the worst project in the bean? Copyright 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Video below: A look at Friday's headlines and weatherThis is a developing story and will be updated as information becomes available. A woman was taken to a local hospital. The action prompted the officer to retreat behind a building pillar and radio in what had happened. Harbor Point on the Bay is truly a dream location ideally situated near many exciting waterfront bars, restaurants, and shops. Many of the apartments include heat, hot water, and a/c and between one and three parking passes. Opinion: How could the As ungrateful owner do this to us? So far, nobody's been injured - but at least one bullet ended up inside somebody's apartment. NBA playoffs: When will the Warriors-Lakers series start? A Pinellas County Sheriffs Office K-9 deputy walked out of the hospital March 17, five days after he was shot three times by a burglary suspect. The shooter is still at large. All rights reserved, Oakland Bike Shop Offers Free E-Bike Test Rides, French Bulldog Stolen From Car in Oakland, 4 Stabbed, 1 in Critical Condition Following Fight in San Jose: Police, Steph Curry's 50-Point Game 7 Explosion Vs. Kings Lights Up NBA Twitter, Teachers Speak Out on Conditions at Oakland School. The shooting on eastbound Highway 4 west of the Bailey Road exit followed one on Thursday on northbound Interstate 680 in Danville near the Crow Canyon Road exit, the CHP said. Two people are dead and another person is in the hospital after a shooting at a park near South Bay Thursday morning.Deputies responded to a shooting at John "That's why we've reached out to some of the local agencies here that we work with on a very regular basis to make sure that they are with us in partnership in trying to eliminate gangs in these areas.". Riverside Tamale Fest to Feature Food Competition, Music, Dancing, Felon Convicted of Killing Girlfriend, Fleeing to Vegas with Young Son, Blaze Damages Abandoned Restaurant near Jurupa Valley Animal Shelter, Man Caught with Cache of Super Toxic Illegal Drugs Sentenced, Blaze in Santa Ana River Bottom Quickly Stopped, Felon Suspected in Altercation Outside Motel in Rancho Mirage to Stand Trial, Two Injured When Car Crashes into MoVal Residence, UPDATED: Charges Filed Against Man Suspected in Sexually Motivated Messages with Teen. Police said two people, one man and one woman, were pronounced dead at the scene. Campbell said the officer fired multiple times at the man and a sergeant and lieutenant who responded to assist him also fired at the man. 4:38 p.m. April 11, 2022This story previously misspelled the name of Capt. According to CHP, there also had been 45 fatal crashes on Contra Costa County freeways and highways through Nov. 30, including 16 on Highway 4. Clearwater Police economic crimes detectives have arrested a woman they say duped a man out of thousands of dollars over the fraudulent sale of a mobile home. An off-duty Seminole firefighter has been charged with driving under the influence after Pinellas County Sheriffs deputies observed him driving a Ford pickup truck at 100 mph in a posted 45 mph zone. The CHP said it had recorded 100 shootings on freeways or highways in its Golden Gate Division through June 30, the most recent statistics the agency said was available. If approved, the toll would go into effect for a 10 mile stretch of 37, from Mare Island in Solano County to Sears Point in Sonoma County. Dear Abby: I have a great life, so why have I fallen into this shameful behavior? Officials did not indicate if they believe the shootings were connected. PALM BAY, Fla. - A Brevard County man with a lengthy criminal history was arrested for a homicide that happened on April 20, according to the Palm Bay Police Department. The California Highway Patrol is investigating a shooting on Highway 4 near Bay Point. Get our email alerts straight to your inbox. The CHP did not have an update on the drivers condition Monday. cuz all black males are criminals shooting off guns rite? CNN Police fatally shot an armed man at Huntington City Beach in Southern California on Saturday afternoon, the Huntington Beach Police Department LARGO A 17-year-old has been arrested on one count of felony child abuse after authorities said she recorded herself on a video placing a lit marijuana cigarette in the mouth of a 1-year-old girl. The victims were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. I called city hall and they said it wasn't an issue for city street maintenance since it's all private property, but was an ISD code enforcement issue. One Bay Point resident, Fernanda Vargas, said she was afraid to go to the grocery store or drive to her parent's house in the area. If you like what we're up to and want to help out, please consider a (completely non-deductible) contribution. (David Hernandez/ The San Diego Union-Tribune). They said it's as safe as it would be living anywhere on Dorchester Ave or other parts of Boston(Roxbury, Dorchester). "We believe these two incidents are gang-related.". Break-in at Harbor Point affects seven UMass Boston students. The shooting comes after a drive-by shooting on Saturday on Highway 4 near Bailey Road that killed 20-year-old Pittsburg resident Tomas Mendez, a father and a chef at a San Ramon restaurant. The department said Officer James Macmaster, Sergeant Scott Farraioli, and Lieutenant Victor Banuelos all fired their weapons. The suspect in a Pinellas Park bank robbery attempt was found dead on March 4 by Largo police. "There're no parks, there's nothing but trouble. The shooting on Highway 4 was at least the third on that highway since July 1. I heard from a resident of 65 North Point that his car got vandalized really bad on 28th(Monday) evening in Harbor Point parking lot that is close to Bay Expo. Ochoa died in a hospital after someone or some people shot at her and a 26-year-old Bay Point man, according to sheriff's Capt. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! What You Need to Know About Angel's Trumpet. Two people were shot during an altercation Friday afternoon in Bay Harbor Islands, and police are still looking for the person responsible. Despite life-saving measures from firefighters and paramedics, the man was pronounced dead. "There's nothing for them out here," Vargas said. When deputies arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound lying on the ground outside a store. About two dozen evidence markers were placed on the front steps of the building. PINELLAS PARK A local man has been charged with child neglect after a 9-year-old brought methamphetamine to school. The management would not be bothered as it is not something they can do. The whole idea of Gated community and having Security is a sham. From the Spring Dance Fest in San Jose to a collection of some cool vintage cars and planes, there are a lot of great shows and festivals in the Bay Area this weekend. Convenient For Faculty/Staff Graduate Students Undergraduates Lease Terms Flexible/Other lease Expenses Apartment Description City News Service. SAN DIEGO (KGTV) The Port of San Diego Harbor Police Department Thursday released surveillance and bodycam footage of the shooting of a man who pointed a gun at officers outside its headquarters earlier this month. Off work, he enjoys playing in bands, busking and karaoke. How will courts rebuke of Berkeleys natural-gas ban affect the national movement it began? At Harbor Point on the Bay, discover luxury living, a perfect to find a 2000 Jaguar XK8 with several bullet holes. Sunny. Like the job UHub is doing? Two people were shot during an altercation Friday afternoon in Bay Harbor Islands, and police are still looking for the person responsible. Security guards at a Tampa strip club disarmed and detained a man attempting to enter the club with a gun and two fully loaded magazines in his pocket, prompting praise from Tampas police chief that there is no question that the guards saved dozens of lives.. So far, nobody's been injured - but at least No officers were injured, and no one else was in the car with the man, said San Diego police Capt. The agency had not made any arrests as of Monday afternoon. Two dead, one taken to hospital after shooting at park near South Bay, SHERIFFS OFFICE TELLS ME THAT THIS SHOOTING HAPPENED AROUND 6:15 THIS MORNING AND WHERE IM STANDING RIGHT NOW IS WHERE THE DEPUTIES WEER INVESTING THAT SHOOTING ALL MORNING AND THROUGHOUT THE AFTERNOON. The investigation is continuing Sunday into the fatal shooting of a man with a gun by police in Huntington Beach, just In a statement, the CHP said the person shot Sunday on Highway 4 was expected to survive. A 79-year-old man from St. Petersburg died when he attempted to cross 66th Street North and walked into the path of a southbound Ford van. Harbor Police officers on Sunday shot a 29-year-old man who drove to their headquarters, used a callbox to request assistance and then pulled out a handgun when officers walked out to help him, authorities said. The police department had extra officers patrolling the beach for the major event, who responded. George Kelly is a breaking news reporter for the Bay Area News Group's East Bay Times and Mercury News. Other Nearby Rentals. Webhttp://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1 Detectives from the Violent Crimes Division are investigating. District C-6 reports three recent incidents involving guys shooting up the Harbor Point development in Dorchester. An electric bicycle rider was killed Jan. 30 when the bike collided with an SUV at the intersection of 22nd Avenue N and 52nd Street N in St. Petersburg. The driver of a pickup truck was in serious condition and one of his passengers died when he lost control entering the southbound entrance ramp to I-275 from eastbound I-175. We accept many different kinds of announcements. The incident started around 1:30 p.m. on April 10 when Eric Medina, 29, of San Ysidro used the call box to ask for assistance outside by his car, according to Harbor police. A driver was critically injured in the earlier I-680 ahooting. He graduated from Cal State Chico with a BA degree in Information and Communications Studies with a journalism emphasis. The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is encouraging the public to be on alert to a recent phone scam occurring in Pinellas County. Copyright by Adam Gaffin and by content posters.Advertise | About Universal Hub | Contact | Privacy, Gated Community and Security are a total sham, Bayside Expo Center is now owned by UMass-Boston. Harbor Point on the Bay accepts credit cards. How is Harbor Point on the Bay rated? Harbor Point on the Bay has 2.5 stars. What days are Harbor Point on the Bay open? He used to cover sports. Busiest day of the year at Hunts A box truck contracted by the Lowes home improvement chain for appliance deliveries ran through a guardrail, through a chain-link fence, and into a number of trees in the thick brush near Eighth Avenue Southeast and Donegan Road on Feb. 24, the Largo Police Department reported. Concord: Man killed in 4:30 a.m. solo crash on I-680. Remains in submerged SUV in Palm Harbor identified, Rip tide claims father, daughter in Pass-a-Grille, Police crash St. Pete street-racing event, Plastic surgeon arrested on a first-degree murder charge in death of Largo lawyer, DUI Wolf Pack brings 46 charges, 124 citations, State attorney: March 12 shooting of suspect near Pinellas Park 'justified', Theft suspect who fled deputies in Largo back in custody, Police chief: Guards saved dozens of lives disarming man at Tampa strip club, Suspect in Largo eludes capture on theft charge, Pinellas K-9 deputy shot by suspect leaves hospital, Clearwater man arrested in fatal bike-car crash in Safety Harbor, Ballplayer held on DUI charge in Belleair Bluffs crash, Suspect in Pinellas Park attempted bank robbery found dead, Largo police: Woman killed after rear-ending van on U.S. 19, Clearwater Police: Dunkin' Donuts employee shot customer following argument, Personal injury lawyer accused of grand theft, Truck driver passes out, crashes in Largo, Skateboarder struck, killed crossing Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard, Man charged with abuse of disabled person, Dunedin couples next move is to start nonprofit that promotes chess, Palm Harbor resident's dream of an Irish Baseball Hall of Fame lives on, Dunedin officials laud historic preservation committee, What its like on the Jolley Trolleys Worlds Largest Brew Crawl, Dunedin leaders continue to hear concerns about future of Stirling Park, Column: Dunedins own baseball team deserves better, Mayor: Urgency needed on Treasure Island beach erosion, Clearwater will consider dreaming smaller on downtown bluff project, Health department issues blue-green algae bloom alert for Lake Seminole boat ramp, The Original Crabby Bills is celebrating its 40th anniversary. Take your pick of sweeping views of the Boston skyline or serene views overlooking the Boston harbor. $1,300 / Person. A man in a wheelchair was killed April 4 when a pickup truck struck him as he traveled southbound in the roadway on 28th Street North, south of 46th Terrace North. EARLY THURSDAY MORNING PALM BEACH COUNTY DEPUTIES. Jutting out into the Little Egg Harbor inlet, in Little Egg Harbor Township, before the Shooting Thorofare, Great Bay Boulevard is a locals gem. PETERSBURG A 57-year-old motorcyclist died April 4 when he lost control of his vehicle as he drove eastbound on 46th Avenue North and collided with a utility Officers recovered five shell casings and two live rounds. Off work, he enjoys playing in bands, busking and karaoke. ", Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. From the Spring Dance Fest in San Jose to a collection of some cool vintage cars and planes, there are a lot of great shows and festivals in the Bay Area this weekend.

Nissan Stadium Covid Restrictions, Best Frozen Meals For Bulking, Another Way To Say In Loving Memory, Thurrock Vaccination Centre, Florida Alf Administrator License Lookup, Articles H