HenceRemmys introduction ofthe Versaport-equipped V3. For a short-barrel field gun right out of the box, 80 percent is not bad, especially with the down-and-out point of aim/point of impact differential. Did you train at Twenty Nine Palms? Reliable to a fault, an indiscriminate consumer of ammo, and easy on the shoulder, the new Remington Pro Series V3 shotguns hit all the right notesand birds. I blame most of these problems on the ADD instant expert ads/reviews. The Remingtons short overall length could make it an ideal truck gun, and its suitable for small spaces such as tents and campers. Yet the trigger pull only measured a surprisingly light three pounds, six ounces, on average, as recorded by my Lyman Digital Trigger Pull Gauge. The V3 Turkey Pro is built on the V3 platform, has a 22-inch barrel, a TRUGLO Headbanger choke, and comes out of the box mounted with a TRUGLO Red Dot optic bore-sighted at 40 yards. Better still, the Versaportsystem and the Remington Super Cell butt pad make the V3 one of the softest shooting gas guns youll ever shoulder. The attractive, green foil R on the Versa Max grip cap is replaced by an R molded into the grip cap. Joe Kurtenbach and Caleb Giddings also look at the first-ever optics-ready carry revolvers with the new Taurus 605 and 856 T.O.R.O. Guns specifically designed forpersonal and home defense are extremely popular and so are the various training courses that help shooters learn how to put them to their purpose. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. I will say it did shoot nicely while it was working. Weatherby (SA-08) and Mossberg (930) can compete on features and price, but the V3s gas system is a step above. Bought it to introduce my son to clay sports without beating him up. Mar 13, 2012 Foster and Brenekke type slugs can safely be shot from a mod choked barrel. The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. First, I had to shovel out a place to sit in the three-plus feet of snow blanketing my sportsmans club outdoor range. Join our Mailing list for special perks and updates from Shoot On. The V3 is a development of the Versa Max self-loading shotgun. If you cant hit it with 2 shots of 2 3/4 dont shoot at it. The trigger was crisp and had a nice return; it was neither overly light nor frustratingly heavy. Yea, forget that. Which means everyone on the editorial staff prob received a complimentary one..glad to see a review here. It lost a spring that was mounted behind the plate inside the receiver. Im a big guy and probably not affected as much as my son will be but this is a very soft shooter. Remington V3 Field Sport Black Oxide 12 Gauge 3in Semi Automatic Grain Weight: 385. He owns too many dogs, not enough shotguns, and is forever looking for a new place to hunt. In a market full of gas-operated autoloaders costing $1,200 and more, Remington's new V3 delivers a soft-shooting bang for $899. If you are using slugs just experiment with most open choke tubes and find out where it shoots. The factory Full choke hit well to the right. It placed 89 pellets in the square, with 30 in the lower quadrant, 28 in the left quadrant and 21 in the right quadrant. I think it is funny how a lot of these people are dissing this gun, yet they never picked it up. The shotgun is delivered with an 18.5-inch barrel without choke tubes. ie slapukai yra btini, kad veikt svetain, ir negali bti ijungti. Interestingly, a friend who is also the former chief of wildlife management for the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, reported the same point of aim/point of impact variance. These included Winchester, Remingtons, Brownings, Berettas, etc. Remington ships the V3 in a Plano Gun Guard case and includes the usual lock, a choke wrench, a two-round limit plug and three Rem Chokes: improved cylinder, modified and full. So I have to take these barrels to a gunsmith so that I can have them up and running for my program again on Saturday. We show you how. Months ago, I put a stake in the ground here on TTAG when I said it isnt really possible to build a quality gun for under $1K any more. Taurus Marketing Manager Caleb Giddings highlights the features of the new Taurus Raging Hunter 460 Magnum, a purpose-built revolver with a 10.5-inch barrel and an effective recoil-taming brake, with Guns & Ammo Executive Editor Joe Kurtenbach. Or maybe thats my prejudice showing. Hits and Misses of the Remington V3 Semi-Auto - Shotgun Life Oklahoma east of the dry line is like a triple-canopy jungle of sweat and humidity. We all wore name tags pinned to the back of our caps, so the instructors could call us out by name to offeruhconstructive instruction.. Remingtons Managed Recoil slugs promised 1,200 fps, and, at 10 feet, the average velocity for 10 shots with that load was 1,039 fps. The twin piston system eliminated the use of different O rings, metal adjustment rings, and other items that are sometimes a headache to deal with. 8 lead shot. The new rifle is built on an aluminum billet chassis with carbon-fiber forend and cheek riser featuring V-block bedding. I should send Remington a picture of the quick disconnect ball bearing and socket system on my Fabarm XLR left hand semi. It is a remarkably soft shooting shotgun and easily the cleanest shooting. The drop at comb is 1 inches, and the drop at heel is 2-7/16 inches. Things can and do change for corporations and this appears to be a very good design and execution by manufacturing. If you shoot a 3-inch shell, four ports are open; shoot 234-inch shells and eight ports are open. About 6 months ago, I bought a new V3 walnut with 26 inch barrel after having owned, repaired and shot most popular semi autos from the past 50 years. Length of Pull: 14 1/4 inches Nightforce SHV 3-1042 scope is best used with special slugs so you can have more accuracy with your shots. It is a gas-operated semi-automatic that uses a rotating bolt to lock and unlock the action. WhileRemington says ithasno plans to discontinue the venerable 11-87, its hard to see both models stayingin the Big Green lineup long term. Thanks for the info! so check Salt N Pepa Jacket which is a most selling outfit in our store, Shop now and get amazing discounts and offers. For right-handed shooters, that means tilting the gun slightly to the left, which changes the angle of the wrist and allows the guns recoil to be absorbed by the arm and shoulder. Even with bright snow on the ground the reticle stood out, cutting through some hard light especially near the end of my testing when the sun came out. He has credits in more than 1,000 articles in nearly 80 publications worldwide. Didnt keep me from buying the gun. It is so ingenious that it evokes one of those why didnt I think of that? moments. Make sure to watch till the end. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. However, I can afford but dont like them! This feature and the Supercell recoil pad combine to really take the bite out of the recoil, even with heavy loads. He added, This additional clearance and bevel cut makes it easier to get the shell into the receiver without looking at it because the redesign helps position the shell in the right place naturally. Not so with the factory Full choke, which threw a sparse pattern. The Remington Hypersonic Steel loads we shot on the Arkansas are screamers at 1700 feet per second and are certainly not light loads. People also forget that most shells 100 years ago were made of waxed paper. In the pheasant fields of South Dakota, the V3 got a lot of action with the gang I was with, and often the barrels were hot. Conventional gas operated systems before VersaPort located the gas ports as much as ten inches in front of the chamber; the VersaPort utilizes the gases almost immediately. Remington V3 Shotgun: First Look - An Official Journal Of The NRA We went shooting sporting clays and my buddy brought his new V3. I attached an Aimpoint Micro S-1 red-dot optic to the ventilated rib and would recommend doing the same to anyone. This isnt a concealed carry piece. Okies are seriously nice people. The Remington V3 is simply engineered with only a few moving parts. The point of aim/point of impact issue with Rem Chokes is a distraction that compromises the functionality of a gun that is otherwise very pleasant and fun to shoot. Ruger's multi-role small frame autoloading rifle - Sear - combines AR-10 power with AR-15 Portability. Larry loves to mentor new shooters and hunters. Simple. Or a magnum rifle. I shot some of these rounds at clay targets and some on paper. Last, the V3 Turkey Pro comes with several drop and cast adjustment shims to tailor the guns fit to the individual hunter. One of the jobs I do to old shotguns is possibly lengthen a chamber, and sometimes I smooth the forcing cone to be more like modern forcing cones. I rate the trigger on the V3 Turkey Pro as very serviceable. No, its nothing like a precision rifle trigger. I shoot weekly with guys that have them and at least once during a shooting session one of the jams at least once. I patterned the shotgun with the stock Tru-Glo choke, red dot, and Winchester Long Beard XR #5s in September. Additionally, the V3 Tactical put all 10 of the rifled slugs fired on a steel plate at 50 yards. So, you think its easy being a gun writer? Simple system. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. 20731. Cars, houses, you name it, had been shredded by hail the size of your fist no lie, because you could see hailstones everywhere in the town, in piles. Id thought Id seen thunderstorms in my life. Im happy to see Remington coming out with new versions. ARMSCORs RIA 5.0 ST semi-automatic 9 mm Luger pistol represents the companys first handgun to be designed and manufactured here in the United States. A tasteful adornment on the grip cap or safety would be enough. Big Green still sells both guns, in large numbers, for good reason. With a higher point of aim, the included Modified choke placed 106 pellets in the square. V3 shooting slugs | Shotgun Forum

Mitchell Wiggins Net Worth, When Will Libra Have Their First Kiss, Articles R