"text": "If the intent is to be playful and witty, we can say something like “Not that good. How does that work? Thanks. with the person youre speaking to, this is a great way to respond to Who asked?. or "Nah, I'm not!". Ask MetaFilter is a question and answer site that covers nearly any question on earth, where members help each other solve problems. Every so often people say nice things about me to me and I am generally confused and flummoxed about how to respond in a way that isn't either boastful or self-effacing but also isn't awkward and weird for both of us. I'm so lucky to know you, and you help me appreciate different parts of myself. While you dont want to come out all guns blazing and take things too far by being overly unkind, if someone interrupts a story to essentially ask you to stop talking, youre allowed a bit of leeway to be snappy with your response. Enjoy the auto-translate feature when searching for answers. Geeeee!I mean, we knew it was inevitable we'd hit this milestone but Instagram/Meta has been super tight lipped about, If youre tired of seeing weird videos or photos in your Explore page, content from people you dont really want in. Same as usual also communicates neutrality and non-reciprocity. 08 "That's okay" Use this phrase when someone is offering to repay you for your kindness. However, if you notice someone regularly liking your content, you might want to shoot them a DM with a personalized thank you or promo code for your business. You can monitor multiple Instagram profiles, including all the comments you receive, as well as ads you might have running. How about you? works really well when communicating with both native and non-native speakers of English. A more grammatically complete and, therefore, formal response than Great! Instead of responding in a reactive, hasty, and frustrated manner, simply look up at them for a second. These cute, silly comments are a great way to make him smile. I figured this one out after observing a friend who was very tactful about it and hit the right notes when saying thanks. First of all, this allows you to respect their privacy and address the issue. Thanks. BUT, I do recommend you block the user who mentioned you. I (really) appreciate your comment/response. I f. Not too loud. She has her following for being a nail artist and young girls often go on there to say very mean things and it turns into a large argument. Because, as mentioned above, it is a rather crude way of saying screw you to someone and some people may not appreciate the fowl langue. Its rude to hear and it is rude to have said to you. Especially if the other person is not that close to us, we should limit our explanation to the basics and avoid talking about negative things. This happens quite commonly where someone who follows you @ mentions a friend on your post. Sometimes its just best to be clever in your response to make the other person seem dumb or silly. And how about you? However, as you mentioned, it could be a spam attempt to get new followers. The first part It went really well implies that the person is describing his or her day to be good and, most likely, no problems have been encountered. At least take me to dinner and a movie first. In case this information is widely available and you have been previously informed on the specific info, your thank you for letting me know could sound sarcastic and bitchy, so careful especially if it is your boss reminding you or highlighting something maybe best check on this infor [sic] in depth before thanking for it! Simply say, She did or He did. Then, leave it at that and continue your story where you left off. This is because, when I was bullied as a kid, if I said, "Thank you", people would say, "Look at her. What's the difference between "take it easy" and "take care" when you are parting from someone? How to respond to a compliment without feeling awkward. Make sure you dont take the other persons rudeness to heart or let it ruin your day. This, too, is something that works only well when talking with familiar people. Also, if more people notice this pattern of reward, they may be more likely to do this again, or themselves. It's your one-stop-shop for staying on top of social media in today's changing landscape. I got his answers very helpful and to the point. What is a good response to Hows your day? from a girl? Read more about Martin here. The people we always work with and clients and customers wont get offended by this response in the real world. Maintain your composure and stay focused on your goal. Maybe you have even said it yourself. That's nice too. "Thank you for thinking of me!" Sometimes it's just best to be clever in your response to make the other person seem dumb or silly. If you're not witnessing a true miracle, don't thank God for it. And yours?” or “All good. Please give me some i Guys. I must have seen every film you've done, and I love every single one of them. Counting and finding real solutions of an equation, Embedded hyperlinks in a thesis or research paper. Then, in as a calm a tone as you can, tell them that if they arent interested, they dont have to be part of the conversation. The way you respond depends on how you are feeling and the relationship you have with the person. They literally think you are TOO funny, at an almost dangerous level, and you should back down and cool off. When someone likes your post, theres no required etiquette to thank them or reciprocate. Hi Caitlyn! I responded to her email with my suggestions but decided to take this one step further in today's blog post. Something as simple as "Thank you" or "Thanks" or "Glad you liked this one" is more than fine. But if you want to give the impression that you knew it, then you would use it. You can access all these options from the three-dot button on the posts and profiles. ", "Thank you, it's very nice of you to say that. I'd love to hear your tips in the comments below! i loved reading this post because I am still new to IG, and its fun to have some guidelines to follow. Here are some good comebacks for when someone calls you a rat: I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. Glad to see you too! English Language Learners Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of other languages learning English. A: Hello, Annie. It lets the person youre speaking to know that if they have something to say to you, its best to just come out and say it and not to beat around the bush and make passive aggressive comments. "text": "If the intent is to be nice and funny, a possible response to “How’s your day?” when a girl, particularly a girlfriend prospect, asks is “Waiting for you to ask me out” or “You’re being nosy. Something like "I hadn't tried that yet" or "What a clever suggestion" or "I really like that idea" in response to their comment is a good way to acknowledge their comment. Yup. I appreciate your saying that. These are my tips what are yours? In other words, this response could make them feel awkward or even embarrassed in worse-case scenarios. She believes it. For example, instead of asking if they had a good vacation, ask them what the highlight of it was. - aww, thank you The one learning a language! What's the function to find a city nearest to a given latitude? ("OMG you made that coat, it's amazing!" No, thank you. If you want to respond to "Hey Handsome" with something clever or witty, simply look below for some ideas. Thanks. This response is both direct and neutral in tonality. Again, if you want to find a way to seal the deal, throwing in a coupon code for them (DM or in a comment) will both show your appreciation, customer service, and be more likely to convert the sale. A: Its nice to see you, Ara. Hows your day? Spam attempts are those who say "great pic! "I like that thing you made" requires a bit more knowledge of you on their part. And they usually try to get you to check their profiles or follow them back. Their comments typically offer some variation of a compliment on the content. How about you?. Having said that, It wasnt bad. Just remember that if you are going to address anyone in your comments, you need to @ mention them to ensure they see your response. I'm thinking of the following but not I'm not sure: It seems thanks for letting me know might sound bitchy according to this answer on Quora. When you say, "Are you . If you feel that someone interrupting you by saying Who asked? is just so stupid as to be ridiculous, you can choose not to engage with it. 3 Responding to the Wrong Number I think you may have the wrong number. Only one student HAD taken. Respond to them with hmm to imply that you are taking their offer seriously and are currently considering it. So, here I have examples of different scenarios where someone might comment or @ mention you and how you can respond to each. ", If you are in the middle of telling a story or expressing an opinion, and someone interrupts to say, Who asked? you have every right to feel offended. If someone is not being kind, simply respond to Who asked? by saying, Thats very rude.. If you post a question after sending a gift to someone, your question will be displayed in a special section on that persons feed. You are a pizza burn on the roof of the world's mouth. I stopped giving her compliments and encouragement. Someone may be giving short replies because you're asking closed-ended questions that can be answered with a "yes" or "no". { Maybe I'm just too confrontational but when I see someone get hate and they reply like "I know I'm sorry I'll do better" im always like NOOOOOO WTF DONT SAY THAT?!? @RhiannonTV fantastic! Thank you. If we want to explain how we went about our day, we can simply say Awesome followed by a little bit of explanation. 10. What youre saying is essentially, Im so shocked by the rudeness of that response that I can only imagine I must have misheard or misunderstood you., This response conveys a similar message to Excuse me?. As long as the other person knows your whereabouts or usual routine, Same as usual. This is never something easy to answer and it often depends on a few factors. Thank you so much. The most important thing to establish when you are responding to, In many ways, responding to someone being rude is like. "@type": "Answer", "@type": "Answer", If these rude offenders are posting inappropriate comments or spam, she can also block those users to prevent them from returning. "good to know" is a great response -- as is "Thank you". In these situations, the extra step makes you more genuine and relatable. Additionally, I should point out that you can obviously respond to comments directly in Instagram, on your profile. I don't know about you but personally I don't like it when I give someone a compliment and they just throw it to the ground. } Even the most common question like Hows your day? can be a little tricky to deal with at times. How to use the expression "thank you for the kind words". Show your appreciation in a way that likes and stamps can't. B: It was a pretty normal day. Thanks for sharing your insights on that. The Language Level symbol shows a user's proficiency in the languages they're interested in. One of the most common and lighthearted responses to Hows your day? is Great! I am the proud owner of linguaholic.com. "@type": "Answer", My dear friend has quite a following on instagram (150k+) and she still goes out of her way to answer as many comments as she can. Saying "thanks" in a modest, appreciative way is very important to people. Another response to Who asked that you can deliver in a calm tone is, Who asked you to listen?. This reciprocal response, which pushes back hard against the suggestion that you owe it to the person youre speaking to adjust your behavior based on what they want, conveys admirable self-assuredness. He said his girl friend is very beautiful Instagram does review this feedback in its analysis of what accounts are adhering to their terms. naturally ? It is one of the best ways to respond to a remark. My friend is never part of the argument, the comments just take on a life of their own. "name": "How can you respond to “How’s your day?” when you’re tired? For example, "@soandso what do you think of this?" Thanks for stopping by and for asking this question. Nice. I'm sorry, I couldn't quite hear you . Here's how to counter who asked: Be prepared: Anticipate that you might encounter a "who asked" attack, and have a ready response prepared. The person who hears this as a response will surely be elated because you acknowledged their kind gesture. You like me already, don’t you?” Otherwise, we can use “Great. It is always about engagement so if its warranted, bring it on! Understanding the probability of measurement w.r.t. His colon had completely shut down, and he was bleeding out. Martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. Please share: {"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}, 3 Ways To Get More Views On Instagram Reels, How to Add A Lead Form To Your Instagram Profile. This is because it does not contain a follow-up question, which is often expected by the other person, especially if we havent talked to them in a while. Can I trust him/her?". It's like when you receive a compliment; with some people you say thank you, with others you laugh it off, with others you compliment them back. On the Mindful Messages blog, it is all about finding the right words for different types of texts and responses. Sometimes the short and sweet response is the perfect response, especially if you are too overwhelmed to get into details or continue the conversation. A clever response can be to pretend to not understand the statement. Needless to say, these kinds of questions and responses are key in building relationships and keeping them afloat in society. Thats just a fact. When someone exclaims the Lord's name because they are upset about something, I like to add "makes all things new", implying that He is the solution to the problem they are upset about. A whole conversation in emoticons does sound delightful. What youre saying when you say, Excuse me? is that the persons response was so unnecessary and rude as to be shocking. Thanks for asking” or “Great. Hows your day? is a question similar to Hows it going? or Whats up?; however, it is a relatively more formal one. Via Henry Scull Jr. of the Buffalo News, Beasley said over the weekend that he'll walk away for good, if he's not on a team when . Be confident: Speak in a confident manner when responding to a compliment and make it seem as if you get compliments all of the time. I think a simple "thanks" is polite enough. It is a pretty rude thing to say or write. While I more then appreciate their doing soI cant keep up unless I spend all day visitingoh the IG guilt!!! Then, continue your story as though nothing happened. There are a lot of spam posts out there (not your content, I know! "@type": "FAQPage", I dont see "make eye contact, smile, and look sincerely flattered", There are so many different situations this could apply to there might not be one exact sentence to fit all occasions. Clever replies Sometimes it's just best to be clever in your response to make you look smart as well as handsome. For example: A third way the phrase can be used is in a joking and taunting manner between friends, with no real disrespect intended. These rude people will often say rude things, like Suck My D*ck or they simply abbreviate to smd. To answer when someone asks how you are, say "Fine, thanks" or "I'm good, thanks" if you're responding casually. I have a friend who cannot take a compliment, and every time I say something nice she would say the total opposite of what I said. If one of your fans or customers reach out to you on Instagram with a question or customer service issue, you MUST (in my opinion) respond to them. Hey fellow Linguaholics! The implication here is that while they think you have said something uninteresting and stupid, you have said something that has gone way above their head. density matrix. It is my utmost pleasure to share with all of you guys what I know about languages and linguistics in general. However, especially on Instagram, where I get a lot of spamaholics leaving annoying comments, I do delete them. Hilarious Comebacks To Use On Friends Unsplash / NeONBRAND The best comebacks make you look mature. If you feel that someone has said Who asked? as a way of starting a fight, ask them why they are trying to create a problem. Simply say that person who said, Who asked? must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and then continue your conversation as you normally would. 29 Apr 2023 23:04:52 People like you are the reason God doesn't talk to us anymore. How can you respond to Hows your day? when youre tired? When would you say "I hope I'm not getting sick"? But dont stress yourself out trying to keep up. To make Pretty good. This is an easy way to respond to a flirty or humorous emoji. This will likely leave them dumbfounded. "Are you asking for a secret about me, or something I know about you?" When someone says smd, you have the choice to be clever or witty. I say it over and over: respond to all the comments on your posts! ] You need an "of": thanks for reminding me of that. You can also send the person who commented a Direct Message with a personalized thank you. Yes, you can use "good to know" when someone tells you something useful. Not all Reels are created equal!Depending on the length of your Reel, you are more likely to reach certain people. Do you usually use "You made my day"? But what can you do when someone calls you that? So, Yes, if youve noticed that youre not getting as much reach from your hashtags on Instagram, youre not alone!But its probably, While Instagram Reels are still a significant focus for the platform and they still generally perform well for most its no, Instagram has added the option to create a lead form directly on your Instagram profile. 13 Great Ways to Respond to Hows your day?, 27 Great Ways to Respond to Feedback (Positive, Negative), 11 Great Ways to Respond to a Canceled Date, How to Respond when someone Says Hi 14 Best Ways, The 36 Best Ways to Respond to I Miss You Messages & Texts, 12 Great Ways to Reply to an I have a crush on you Text, Cover Letter for an On-Campus Job Examples & Tips, Fumbled the bag Meaning, Context & Examples, Accented e Everything You Have to Know About , 209 Awesome Business Conversation Starters for any Setting, Formal Letter Format How to Write a Perfect Formal Letter, Musical Instruments Vocabulary from A to Z Examples & List, Address Line 2 Heres What to Put When a Form Asks for It. Join 8,034 readers in helping fund MetaFilter. "Thank you for your kind words" is a versatile creature. Nothing special is something we could use when talking to people with whom we are close enough. Posted on Last updated: December 20, 2022, As far as rude responses go, there are few that rival who asked? or the similar who asked you?. "When we respond out of impulse, we're typically. If the person is genuinely complimenting your post, respond in a thankful manner. 23. Sign up for premium, and you can play other user's audio/video answers. A compliment in exchange for one doesn't sound bad. This response will hopefully make them feel a little bit ashamed and prompt them to apologize. So, next time someone interrupts you when youre recounting an anecdote or explaining something, you can take a deep breath and then calmly respond, If youd been listening, you would know.. }, In reality, even if we do not feel as good as we might say, it is more strategic to stick with neutral responses to preserve our privacy. Now, if the person is being spammy in their compliments, you can choose how you want to handle them. Is it a thumbs up, happy face, or something positive? 38 Fantastic Texts to Write in Birthday Card for Girlfriend, 63 Funny Things to Write on a Retirement Cake, 50 Great Messages to Write in a Birthday Card for a Friend, 37 Ingenious Texts to Send when Someone Doesnt Reply, Guest Speaker Thank You Note 21 Best Messages to Write. This way it becomes a positive message and supportive stance rather than looking like shes just deleting anything she doesnt agree with. , both on the person being rude and the person they are being rude too. Meanwhile, another polite and grateful response to Hows your day? is It went really well. Are you sure? And if you can demonstrate self-belief even when youre being rudely questioned, you are sure to impress not only those around you, but probably also the person questioning you. Compared to Great! One of the things I'm always preaching about Instagram etiquette is the need to respond to comments on Instagram. This witty response takes the tactic of pretending the offer was genuine and kicks it up a notch by suggesting that you would be willing to do it if you got paid. Ive noticed that many people will do that and follow mesome stay, some leave after a few days. Solve your problems more easily with the app! If you want to be extra modest, "Oh thank you, you're far too kind." If someone wants him to play by the time training camp opens. Everyone gets texts from the wrong number sometimes (and they can sometimes be unintentionally hilarious). It's easy, just give credit where credit is due. This is another response that makes a little dig at the intelligence of the person you are speaking to. However, there is a difference between a rude, insulting, and immature response and a clear, uncompromising response that establishes clear boundaries and asserts your right to your own space. Im so glad you found this post helpful! By saying, Who speaks like that? youre suggesting that the way the person who has interrupted you is speaking is so out of the ordinary as to be ridiculous. Since you can't do anything about these posts, I can't really help there. And if someone hearts/likes your photo, do you go over to their feed and do the sameand if they leave tons of hearts.do you do the same amount? Here is a couple that should get a laugh or two: 7. mainly depends on the overall context of the conversation. Ask a native! But, what exactly are you supposed to say back to them? A pleasure. Thank you, I think you'd look great in pink actually! Its going fine followed the question And you? meanwhile implies that the speaker or writer wants the conversation to keep going. }, The 23 Best Ways to Respond to Whats good. I mean, I kiss your mother with this mouth. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.

Jumbo Plastic Easter Eggs, Surbiton News Stabbing, Mobile Home Parks In Williston, Fl, Billie Eilish Tour 2022, Articles W