Judge Gerald Kinney was critical of the states sentencing guidelines. The post-conviction filing notes that Massaro served as a prosecution witness against her best friend during McKee's trial. ", "Because I was scared," McKee told the Kankakee detective. I knew Josh was crazy. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Bill McKee confirmed he is the author of the blog, which also includes postings from Bethanys younger sister, Trisha McKee. The next hearing for McKee's case at the Will County Courthouse is set for late March. At her trial, Will County prosecutors said McKee and three others Joshua Miner, Adam Landerman and Alissa Massaro plotted to rob and kill Rankins and Glover. Bill McKee said he went to the police when Bethany refused to tell him where she was keeping her baby daughter. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Elusive details of one of Joliet's most gruesome double homicides began to be revealed Monday when the bench trial began for one of four people arrested in the case. His sentencing is set for later this month. Massaro, 23, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of robbery and concealing a homicide in exchange for her testimony. She was sentenced to five years in prison but will be released within four years of striking her deal. Bethany McKee, 20, will spend her natural life in prison after being sentenced on Tuesday for her role in the 2013 murders of Eric Glover and Terrance Rankins. During their opening statement Monday, prosecutors said McKee, then 18 and mother to a 15-month-old daughter, had been asking friends for ways to get money in days before the bodies were found. On Thursday, co-defendant Alisa Massaro testified that "Bethany suggested calling Terrancebecause he probably had money.". She has just gotten away with murder, Bill McKee said in his blog. But it hasnt.. At age 17, she became a single mother. Miner and Massaro had sex atop the dead mens bodies, police reports obtained exclusively by Patch, flaying one of the dead men and wearing his face like a mask, pleading to reduced charges of robbery and concealing homicides, sentenced to five years in prison but will be released within four years of striking her deal, agreeing to testify against her three friends, didnt even bother to call her for Miners, exclusive interview with Miner behind the walls of maximum security Menard Correctional Center, And the Bethany girl, I really think that she should have got a deal or something like just the robbery or conspiracy or something, Im holding him and finally he stops moving, and from what I heard in the trial, like I guess I was holding him like way too long, because he was still moving. "Westbrook still doesnt believe McKee was involved in the grisly double-slaying.I dont think she did it, he said. "First and foremost, we do not intend for our advocacy for Bethany, who was also the victim of violence during her life, to minimize the tragedy that two young men lost their lives," White-Domain told Joliet Patch during last week's interview. CHICAGO - The father of a suspect involved in what Joliet, Ill., police have called one of the most vicious crimes they've ever witnessed, says the day he turned her in was "one of the hardest days of my life," reports CBS Chicago. Before sending Bethany McKee to prison for life, Judge Gerald Kinney said he was handing down the sentence with some reluctance., The way the law is written, I really have no authority, Kinney said, adding, Mandatory sentencing is just inappropriate., In an exclusive interview with Miner behind the walls of maximum security Menard Correctional Center, he told Patch how he believes both Bethany McKee and Massaro got bogus deals., And the Bethany girl, I really think that she should have got a deal or something like just the robbery or conspiracy or something, Miner said. So Josh goes, 'Well, if he doesn't have a cigarette we're just gonna go get his ass. NL VFW Tues Bingo, Up To $14,500 In Prizes-Vets Raffle $150 Lowes Card from Kathy & Cheyenne. Bethany McKee, 23; Joshua Miner, 29; and Adam Landerman, 24; all were convicted of the murders and sentenced to life in prison. Miner and Landerman actually killed Rankins and Glover, strangling them to death, but the women were also charged with the murders. The two men were found. In court, Massaro said Bethany suggested calling her dad for advice on how to cover up the crime. Miner confessed to coming up with the robbery scheme. She also had a young daughter. She obviously terrified.. . She started serving her life sentence for the murders last week. POSTAL MAIL OPTION: EMAIL FORWARDING OPTION: TYPE AND PRINT OPTION: Bethany McKee #R91596. According to the Illinois Prison Project's filings, McKee finally took her little girl and left the room and went downstairs. https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/ct-sta-joliet-hickory-street-murders-appeal-st-0802-20170801-story.html. She squirmed out of the murder case in May by copping a plea to reduced charges of robbery and concealing homicides. Our story hasnt been heard yet, and the truth needs to be told, Bill McKee says in his blog. I couldn't even fathom that this was going on," he says. Thisteen killerdid not participate in the actual double murder however her participation would end with a life without parole sentence. A fourth person Alisa Massaro, 20 was also charged with murder but pleaded guilty to lesser charges in May in exchange for testifying against the other three. Julie Larson, remains locked up in the Will County jail while he waits on his own murder trial to start. Aquascape's Annual Fish and Plants Spring Sale! After Glover and Rankins were killed, Miner and Massaro had sex atop the dead mens bodies, according to police reports obtained exclusively by Patch. Bethany McKee and Massaro lured Rankins and Glover to Massaros Hickory Street nightmare house but left the room while Landerman and Miner carried out the killings, according to police reports obtained exclusively by Patch. Bethany McKee was arrested on murder charges in January 2013 along with her childhood friend Alisa Massaro, 20, Massaros boyfriend, Joshua Miner, 26, and a another Joliet man, Adam Landerman, 21. If you were to sit down and have a conversation with her, you would see the person she really is, but no one cares to get to know a misunderstood individual.. I thought by putting this blog out to the world it would bring me some advise and help. It's a day I will never forget," he tells reporters. Massaro pleaded guilty to lesser charges and agreed to testify against the others. One body was found in a kitchenette and another in a bedroom, police officers testified. / CBS Chicago. Required fields are marked *. In my mind he was still moving, but the lady (testifying at his murder trial) was saying he was spazzing out or whatever., Bethany McKee | image via Illinois Department of Corrections. And everything else everybody has told me about him. Glover told McKee he thought her then 18-month-old daughter was cute and talked about his own 2-year-old daughter for a few minutes, she said in the interview. After the two men were dead, Miner, Bethany McKee, Massaro and Landerman used their money to buy cocaine, gasoline and cigarettes. And. Bethany McKee was desperate for money when she and three others concocted a detailed plan to lure two men to her Joliet home and rob them, prosecutors said Monday, the first day of McKees murder trial. Westbrook, 16, said he had no idea McKee was headed his way when she was arrested near his home. The house where the Nightmare on Hickory Street murders happened was owned by Alisa Massaro's father. She then testified, 'I tried to persuade Bethany to come with me, to leave the room.'". The 20-year-old faces a possible life sentence for the murders of 22-year-olds Eric . "Alisa testified that the plan was for Adam and Joshua to commit the robbery. McKee went down for the January 2013 murders of Terrance Rankins and Eric Glover, both 22, because a judge believed she came up with the idea to lure Rankins to the Hickory Street home of her friend Alisa Massaro. The two men, both 22, were found strangled to death with plastic bags over their heads inside a . Adam Landerman, 21, is also charged in the murders. NL VFW Tues Bingo, Up To $14,500 In Prizes-Vets Raffle $150 Lowes Card from Kathy & Cheyenne. His sentencing is set for later this month. She and three others were involved in the strangulation murder of Terrance Rankins and Eric Glover, authorities say. Rankins arrived with his friend, Glover, whom none of the four had met before. Our hope and expectation is we don't want to get tied down with technicalities," White-Domain told Patch, "but that we get to tell her whole story. "I asked her over and over again, 'Are you serious?' Like Bethany McKee, Miner was sentenced to life in prison. A Shorewood woman convicted in the 2013 grisly killings of two Joliet men has asked the Illinois Supreme Court to review her case and overturn her life sentence. If she cant be with her mother, she needs to be with her father.Are you a true crime fan? I know I would've been dead," she said. Landerman and Miner are awaiting separate trials. But it hasnt.. Bethany McKee and three others are accused of helping to murder Terrance Rankins and Eric Glover last year. Massaro was sentenced to 10 years. Aquascape's Annual Fish and Plants Spring Sale! I know how Josh is. These cookies do not store any personal information. JOLIET, Ill. -- Bethany McKee, 20, will spend her natural life in prison after being sentenced on Tuesday for her role in the 2013 murders of Eric Glover and Terrance Rankins. Her bench trial in front of Will. McKee, 20, said she knew Rankins from Joliet West High School and he offered to sell her marijuana before "coming to party" with McKee and her friend, Alisa Massaro, at Massaro's house in the 1100 block of North Hickory Street on Jan. 9, 2013. Bill McKee confirmed he is the author of the blog, which also includes postings from Bethanys younger sister, Trisha McKee. Two other suspects arrested in the deaths have already been convicted: Bethany McKee and Alisa Massaro, both 20. Video of McKee's interview with Joliet Detectives Stephen Diehl and Tim Powers was played in court Tuesday during the second day of her trial for the murder of Rankins and his friend Eric Glover in January 2013. "My daughter was in the house when that went on," Westbrook said. McKee was found guilty in the murders by a judge in August. "She is the reason he was there," said Jamille Kent, Rankins' mother. Landerman, the son of Joliet police Sgt. She had their young daughter with her in the car when the Kankakee cops took her into custody. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. The Illinois Prison Project is trying to convince Will County Judge Sarah Jones to allow for an evidentiary hearing on their efforts to reduce McKee's mandatory life in prison sentence. McKee took her daughter to a friend's house and bought cigarettes and gas before the four suspects went to buy cocaine, she told police. Aquascape's Annual Fish and Plants Spring Sale! At McKee's November 2014 sentencing, now-retired Will County Judge Gerald Kinney did not want to impose a life prison term for McKee, but he was obligated to do so, the Illinois Prison Project attorneys have emphasized in their petition for executive clemency. "The only thing. Bethany McKee had picked up her daughter when she saw police surrounding the house and drove to Kankakee, where she was arrested. Aquascape's Annual Fish and Plants Spring Sale! To request removal of your name from an arrest report, submit these required items to arrestreports@patch.com. On Monday, her defense attorneys motion for a new trial was denied. Ok, I dont even know why Im doing this anymore, he said. She was nice to everyone.But Westbrook also said he hardly recognized McKee when he attended one of her court hearings, and was stunned when he saw her sitting among her three co-defendants in the jury box.I couldnt believe she was hanging out with them, Westbrook said of McKee's association withMiner, Massaro and Landerman, whom he says he never heard of before the killings.They looked like the crew you walk up on, you turn and walk the other way, he said. A possible motive and description of the crime scene were revealed publicly for the first time Monday in Will County court. Shes confused, said Bethany McKees father, Bill McKee. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts. Massaro and Miner later had sex atop the corpses of their victims. In addition to pursuing a post-conviction appeal in Will County, the Illinois Prison Project has a separate executive clemency petition in front of Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker. "I didn't know it was for real. I feel once this story is told, anybody would understand.". "My mind was racing with a million thoughts. She later left the Nightmare on Hickory Street house and dropped her daughter off at a friend's home. McKee and Massaro lured the two menEric Glover and Terrance Rankinsto the house by leading them to believe they would have sex, according to police reports obtained exclusively by Patch. Miner strangled Rankins, 22, to death and Landerman allegedly throttled Glover, also 22, but the women were also charged with the double slaying because the deaths resulted from a plot to rob the young men. United States. I didn't think it would happen," McKee said during the interview. Glover and Rankins, both 22, were strangled to death. Who holds the state who offered the deal and the judge who agreed with it and signed off on it accountable?. He then stood up and turned toward the officers with a grin on his face. McKee ran errands the next morning before she and Massaro smoked marijuana and ate a frozen pizza before everyone returned. found guilty of killing both Terrance Rankins and Eric Glover, started serving her life sentence for the murders last week, police reports obtained exclusively by Patch, Massaro and Miner later had sex atop the corpses of their victims, copping a plea to reduced charges of robbery and concealing homicides, sentenced to five years in prison but will be released within four years of striking her deal, called the cops on his daughter and her friends. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. "I didn't want Bethany to get caught up any further into it.". The way the law is written, I really have no authority, Judge Kinney said, citing his lack of sentencing options for McKee, whom he found guilty in August of 2014. Check back this week for another Joliet Patch story, focusing on Bethany McKee's job assignments in prison including her work as a certified trainer for the Helping Paws program that trains service dogs for people with disabilities. Difficult to forget -- the phone call Bethany made to her father from a house on Hickory Street in Joliet. Review: Umamicue at Spilt Milk Tavern forges identity with brisket banh mi, Daywatch: Downstate city considers ban on mailing abortion pills, How NFC North teams fared in the NFL draft: With Aaron Rodgers gone, the division looks wide open, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. McKee said she took her daughter downstairs and sat on the floor of a small room after Miner and Landerman began to attack the two men upstairs. Its almost as if Im writing a journal now, No one is even commenting. ", Sentencing Judge Didn't Want To Give McKee Life Prison Term. He hasnt seen her since.I dont understand it, Westbrook said. "My mind was racing with a million thoughts," McKee said. An appellate court upheld McKees sentence in June. The officers found the dead bodies of Rankins and Glover on top of plastic garbage bags spread on the floor. In his most recent posting, on Monday morning, Bill McKee seemed to be getting discouraged. Im stressed out," said Glovers mother, Nicole Jones. McKee is facing first-degree. ", McKee's essay includes the following self-assessment: "Thankfully, this time I've been incarcerated has taught me many things about myself as well. guatemala vs el salvador tickets,

Lemon Flummery Recipe Mary Berry, Past Life Calculator By Date Of Birth And Time, Crafts That Sell Well At Flea Markets, Accident South Otago Today, Wilson County Property Tax Search, Articles B