Myself and pal would take bets on where the rush mob(gate crashers) would break through. Alan Ward, After seven years, 8-time American-Canadian Tour champion Brian Hoar returns for Part-Time 2023 Schedule starting at @staffordspeedway with the ACT Spring Sizzler 75 on April 29th! Minor-Consent-Form.pdf. Photo Tom Morris/Myracenews. 49NHMatt AndersonFranklin, NH, 31. 6 song first set. The Pro All Stars Series Super Late Model and Modified tours also make several stops at Oxford Plains during the racing season. The young couple rented and then purchased Oxford Plains Speedway, and together, they built it into a point of pride in the community driving customers in by making fan experience a top priority, and attracting big-name drivers like Bobby Allison and Richard Petty. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Points Standings Sign up and get the top stories to begin the day delivered to your inbox at 5 a.m. Joey Doiron 5. OCS Login. But Mayberry and Curley sat down after the 2014 season to work out their differences, and since then, ACT has been back at Oxford. ShawCente, 8. Leo: Stay true to yourself and your plans, and youll avoid controversy and setbacks. annual event. BYO? When Tom Mayberry bought the track following 2012 and made the Super Late Models the top division (and the Oxford 250 division again), it created a major rift between Oxford and ACT. Derek Griffith 4. May, 1970 i remember the hanglider too think of that moment everytime i hear that song didnt little feet open for them? Example video title will go here for this video. This is the show where I climbed on the bus for good. - Finishing fourth was no easy feat, Kneeland said, considering who else was in his heat. Saturday night Oxford Championship Series divisions include the headlining Super Late Models with Street Stocks, Bandits, Figure 8's as well as regional divisions that include Legends, North East Classic Lites, the Wicked Good Vintage Racing Association and the Pro All Star Series Modifieds. Oxford Plains Speedway was originally a 1/2 mile track, 70 feet wide with a four ft. grade in the turns that cost $35,000 to build. Please report disturbances to the nearest uniformed employee or security 2023 NEWS CENTER Maine. Bobby Allison's earns his first career NASCAR win at OPS. He was very generous to people in the motorsports industry and to the New England communities where he did business. 32NHJeff MarshallLittlet, 11. Great venue. Thats when some nerves started. Restrooms This show should not go unnoticed. Notes and statistics from the NASCAR regular season finale, a Super Late Model crown jewel and more. Bobby Walker (Ol' B.W.) Richard Petty serves as Grand Marshall for the 1990 Oxford 250. He started ahead of 2017 winner Curtis Gerry, 2018 winner Bubba Pollard and 2020 winner Johnny Clark, as well as former Pro All Stars Series champion Derek Griffith. in April. Jeff Taylor wins his ninth speedway championship at OPS, padding his 77NH#Bryan Wall Jr.E. Kingston, NH, 32. Established in 1950, the track was originally a half mile before being shortened to a 3/8 mile track. to enter the Pit Area. Please check your email to confirm and complete your registration. Both Gluchacki and Tardif showed consistent speed in the July race, reminding the competition of their prowess in the early goings. coolers/containers available for inspection upon entering the Speedway. October 2012 Lap 45 would see the spinning Jaden Perry, a Flying Tiger standout at Thunder Road and White Mountain, and lap 51 would find the 15ME of Mike Hopkins spinning following a chain reaction brake check. Enter your email and password to access comments. "Bob and I always did things together," says Sandy. I remember during Bird Song there was a guy flying around on one of those mosquito planes - great timing. the Thursday night Oxford Acceleration Series at Oxford The main race held there is the HP Hood Oxford 250, which has run under various sanctions over the years; in the early 1990s, the race was a combination race between the NASCAR Busch Series and NASCAR Busch North Series, but it later became an American Canadian Tour Late Model race, and now a Pro All Star Series Super Late Model race. PRICE IS $385. The DT Asphalt Outlaws will once again Oxford Plains Speedway, a 1/2 mile dirt track, is ready for racing. Bob had a tremendously positive influence on auto racing in New England & its trajectory into NASCAR. Along with the $5,000-to-Win, 200 lap American-Canadian Tour Classic, the Lennys Shoe & Apparel Flying Tigers, rk Miles Street Stocks and Burnett Scrap Metals Road Warriors complete a full card of championship stock car racing on one of the most iconic dates on the annual calendar. These shows are the stuff of legend, so we asked Mainers on Facebook about their memories of this show. 2009 Read more PLUS the full updated entry list online at acttour.com! Don't have a commenting profile? Great time, very cool show. The ACT Tour headlines a packed Saturday 'Night Before the 250' program alongside the New England Supermodified Series, Modified Racing Series and more! OPS Sponsors @tavares_arts, Great Fields, Great Crowds, Fantastic Racing Makes for Epic Northeast Classic at New Hampshire Motor Speedway! 22 Luke Mowatt, 2. But being in Daytona last night with my family, and getting the Cup car into the (playoffs), and having a good Xfinity race (spotting for Myatt Snider), and making it here, and getting in just through the heat race and not the consi, its a dream come true.. stop. This is my car, these are my people, our equipment, and we showed them we belong here today, Kneeland said. Learn how and when to remove this template message, ARCA Menards Series (East / West) track venues, Valenti Modified Racing Series race venues, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Oxford_Plains_Speedway&oldid=1107568830, Buildings and structures in Oxford County, Maine, Tourist attractions in Oxford County, Maine, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 30 August 2022, at 18:03. Hebert Swoops in Late to Win Oxford Plains 125 The ACT staff even managed Oxford for two years. Sallie Graves becomes the first woman to win a Weekly Racing Series event. June 20, 1970 7NH#Cody LeblancBerlin, NH, 25. TRUCKSDivisions Sponsor has signed on to be the title sponsor to the Outlaw "Sugaree" is not exciting, but it's nicely strung along and competently performed. June 16, 1999 1,349 talking about this. He started the 20-lap heat in fourth. The sound is excellent A+. It's the summer of the elder statesmen. The track is well known for its wide-open turns. September, 2007 SBD> DAT> Sonic Solutions> CDR> EAC> CD> EAC> SHN; via Saint Stephen, with thanks to Richard Danyko, Uploaded by With a Press Herald subscription, you can gift 5 articles each month. Damon sells the speedway to local businessmen Hayward Luck, Asa Packard His most recent came on August 17, 2018 in the Super Late Model Feature more than 49 years later. winner is celebrated in the popular bricked square on In the end, a pair of young-guns once again showed their strength on the tough Central Maine third-mile while a point leader strengthened his title hopes. - Everyone in the vehicle must have purchased their General Admission tickets for Saturday The music, scene, and the town came together and everyone was kind. I remember driving backwards through all these small towns to avoid a crazy line of cars, the fireworks that exploded that happened during Hey Jude. He went about things in a quiet, dignified manner and often times that simple approach is the most impactful. Camping This profile is in addition to your subscription and website login. July 14, 1979 Bahre was inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame in 2017. decades. You keep on giving 3 stars to every single one I came across for this 1988 run--while most every reviewer is 4 and more often than not, 5 star rating the same shows. I ran the ticket office and kept the points for the racers.". 19QCDany TrepanierSt-, 14. | Welcome July 14, 1974 on RainedOutRainout He had a passionate commitment to both drivers and race fans, and that commitment was evident when he built our facility in 1990. Richard Petty wins the 83rd of his record 200 NASCAR victories. Hi, to comment on stories you must create a commenting profile. You'll hear a giant impromptu roar from the crowd right as Jerry completes the jamming portion of Bird Song. Blessings to the 70-year-old biker that gifted me his private stock. Oxford, Maine 785 Main StreetRoute 26 in Oxford, Maine, TRACK ADDRESS:877 Main StreetRoute 26 in Oxford, Maine. @staffordspeedway is up in 4 days, The American-Canadian Tour returns to @staffordspeedway for the first time since 1985 as the Modern Stars and Cars of the ACT Tour are ready to break the 38-year drought. Home of the 49th Annual Oxford 250 on Sunday, August. A wonderful wonderful weekend (except were we *parched* out in the parking lot!). It looks like you do not have any active subscriptions. SLM & Sound quality is pretty good on this,with nice song selection so please..GIVE IT A WHIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RENTAL FEE IS $25.00. Oxford Plains Speedway - Oxford, Maine Oxford Plains Speedway Memorial Day Results - MotorSportsNews.Net The NASCAR North Tour made its debut at Oxford on April 27, 1980, and the same year, the tracks signature Oxford 250 was given the NASCAR North sanction. He eventually disabled it by repeated smashing. We will keep fighting for all libraries - stand with us! the main ticket office. It was a true pleasure to have spent time getting to know him and learning from him over the years. The restart was the first drag race of several to come between Tardif and Gluchacki with the Canadian pulling away, followed close by strong part-timer Jimmy Renfrew Jr. Corporate skyboxes and But the Pro Stock Tour dissolved after the 1995 season, leading to another hiatus. ", Another Maine NASCAR native, Austin Therriault, tweeted, "Bob is one of the most generous and thoughtful people I have met over the years. The parking lot scene felt like an extension of Main Circle. FIGURE 8sDivision Sponsor, 207-740-6759 and pit area. 36NHErick SandsDerry, NH, 24. And the guys did an awesome job and we have busted our (rears) every day during the week when we can and dream come true. Runnin' Rebels Update: Federal Legend takeoffs only. is awarded a plaque commemorating the date as Richard Petty Day at Oxford Dining - Lodging - Things to Do, | Welcome

2021 Topps 1952 Redux Checklist, Articles O